A Resource Round-Up From The Huntington Theatre Company
The Huntington chooses to use our platform today to amplify social justice and aid organizations who are doing important work by, with, and for Black people and people of color. We have a responsibility to our audience, artists, and staff members who have a range of backgrounds, experiences, and points of view. Below is a list of resources that Huntington staff members have been calling on in recent days. This listing is by no means comprehensive, and we also invite our community to share feedback with us at email@example.com. We know we have work to do, and there will be more to come.
We encourage you to learn about and consider supporting:
*The Massachusetts Bail Fund is currently receiving record support, and is encouraging donations to Families for Justice as Healing, Muslim Justice League, and Sisters Unchained.
- NAACP Boston
- The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Reclaim the Block
- Southern Poverty Law Center
- Violence in Boston
We amplify the following resources for education and informed action:
- Showing Up for Racial Justice in Boston
- The website, books, and podcast series of author and anti-racist teacher Layla F. Saad
- The essays and books of Ibram X. Kendi, a leading scholar and historian of racism, who recently announced the BU Center for Antiracist Research
- Black and Brown People Have Been Protesting for Centuries. It’s White People Who Are Responsible for What Happens Next