Poetry Out Loud
SEMI-FINALIST REGISTRATION for the 2015 Poetry Out Loud Competition is now live! Click HERE to register your school champion for the Semi-Finals.
Semi-Finalist Registration Deadline: Friday February 6, 2015
State Semi-Finals: Saturday February 28 and Sunday March 1, 2015
- Each participating school will receive its semi-final location assignment in February
2015 Massachusetts State Finals: Sunday March 8, 2015
- Old South Meeting House, Boston MA.
- Finalists will be named from each semi-final location.
- Contestants are required to compete in a Semi-Final competition in order to be eligible for the State Finals.
2015 Poetry Out Loud National Finals: April 27 - 29, 2015
- The Massachusetts State Champion will travel to Washington DC to compete against other state champions for the national title, and a $20,000 prize.
Why participate in MA POL?
Get Involved in Poetry Out Loud
For more information on Poetry Out Loud, visit the official website at poetryoutloud.org. For information about the Massachusetts competition, please contact Donna Glick, Director of Education, at 617 273 1548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"POETRY OUT LOUD helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about their literary heritage. By encouraging your students to study, memorize, and perform some of the most influential and timeless poems of the English language, you immerse them in powerful expression and provocative ideas. Although many students may initially be nervous about reciting in front of their peers, the experience will prove invaluable — not only in school, but also in life. Much of the future success of students will depend on how well they present themselves in public. Public speaking is a skill people use every day on both the workplace and the community."— National Endowment for the Arts & The Poetry Foundation
Presented by the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation, in partnership with the Massachusetts Cultural Council and the Huntington Theatre Company.
|Boston Semi-Final Sponsor: