Since its founding in 1982, the Huntington Theatre Company has developed into Boston’s leading theatre company. Bringing together superb local and national talent, the Huntington produces a mix of groundbreaking new works and classics made current. Led by Artistic Director Peter DuBois and Managing Director Michael Maso, the Huntington creates award-winning productions, runs nationally renowned programs in education and new play development, and serves the local theatre community through its operation of the Calderwood Pavilion at the BCA. The Huntington is in residence at Boston University.
TO APPLY FOR OPEN POSITIONS PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OF EACH DESCRIPTION:
To Apply for the Web and New Media Position:
Interested candidates, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Peggy J. Novello, Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Fax: 617 353 8300
in either MS Word or PDF format with the job title in the message subject.
In addition, the Huntington Theatre Company provides Health, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Calderwood Pavilion Front of House Staff
The Huntington Theatre Company seeks part-time Front of House staff for the Stanford Calderwood Pavilion at the Boston Center for the Arts. Become a part of the most exciting space for the performing arts in Boston. The Calderwood Pavilion at the Boston Center for the Arts is a theatre complex that hosts a wide range of Boston theatre companies including the Huntington Theatre Company, SpeakEasy Stage Company, and many others.
We are searching for dependable, outgoing individuals who enjoy the arts and interacting with the public to join our Front of House team. Responsibilities include ticket scanning, ushering, concessions sales, bartending (training provided), and supervising volunteers. Must have evening and weekend availability but some daytime availability is a plus. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and organization skills.
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume or letter of experience to: Katrina Alix Calderwood Pavilion House Manager 527 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02116 firstname.lastname@example.org
Web and New Media Coordinator
The Web and New Media Coordinator is responsible for content creation, implementation and maintenance of the Huntington Theatre Company and BostonTheatreScene websites, creative social marketing initiatives, and the creation of multimedia marketing initiatives.
The major responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintains and enhances websites for both Huntington Theatre Company and Boston Theatre Scene.
- Manages all facets of the website using the EpiServer Content Management System and is responsible for front-end development.
- Serves as a primary contact with the Huntington’s external web developer.
- Works collaboratively with the Finance, Human Resources, and Production Departments to maintain intranet sites.
- Researches and recommends new tools, technologies, and social media outlets, and provides support for marketing and technology initiatives within Huntington Theatre Company.
- Participates fully in all marketing events, such as open houses, receptions, and other special events.
- Co-conceives, captures, and edits all Huntington videos for Marketing, Development, and other initiatives.
- Co-creates social media strategies for the Huntington and Boston Theatre Scene including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and the Huntington’s blog, and creates the content to populate the channels.
- Ensures that the websites including ecommerce sections are always fully functional and up to date with all pertinent information
- Notifies relevant Huntington staff and outside vendors of issues as they occur and sees them through to resolution.
- Provides training and support to Huntington staff and Calderwood Pavilion rental clients on the websites’ Content Management Systems.
- Coordinates with BostonTheatreScene and Calderwood Pavilion rental clients to present and promote productions and production-related content; ensures branding consistency across all outside vendors.
- Assists with layout and implementation of all e-marketing sales initiatives.
- 3-5 years’ applicable professional experience. Some formal educational coursework would be helpful.
- Knowledge of EpiServer or other website content management system, DreamweaverMX, FireworksMX, Quark, Photoshop and other design software systems.
- Knowledge of FinalCut Pro or other video editing software, experience with video capture equipment, and familiarity with audio extraction/editing programs such as Soundtrack, Logic, or GarageBand helpful.
- Must be pro-active, adept at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment, goal-oriented and project-focused with an ability to work in a team as well as with individuals from each department and external partners.
- Must be adept at web project development, evaluation and recommendation of software solutions for particular initiatives.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.