Since its founding in 1982, the Huntington Theatre Company has developed into Boston’s leading theatre company. Bringing together superb local and national talent, the Huntington produces a mix of groundbreaking new works and classics made current. Led by Artistic Director Peter DuBois and Managing Director Michael Maso, the Huntington creates award-winning productions, runs nationally renowned programs in education and new play development, and serves the local theatre community through its operation of the Calderwood Pavilion at the BCA. The Huntington is in residence at Boston University.
To Apply For The Promotions and Community Coordinator Position:
Interested candidates, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Peggy J. Novello, Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Fax: 617 353 8300
in either MS Word or PDF format with the job title in the message subject.
In addition, the Huntington Theatre Company provides Health, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Promotions & Community Coordinator
The Promotions and Community Coordinator is responsible for the creation and execution of promotions and promotional events to garner attention and generate sales and attendance for Huntington productions. He or she serves as liaison to many community organizations and outside businesses and groups, establishing and maintaining close relationships with group leaders.
The major responsibilities of the position include:
- Responsible for identifying target audiences for each production and for the institution as a whole, and developing and executing promotions and promotional partnerships with community organizations, affinity groups, businesses, hotels, restaurants, professional networking groups, and others in order to reach those target audiences.
- Establishes and maintains close and direct relationships with leaders of community groups and promotional partners, and is proactively communicative and responsive to their needs.
- Plans and executes strategic initiatives to support and grow the Huntington’s various ticket programs, including Community Membership, Community Connections, 35 Below, and group sales to meet marketing sales goals and to increase and diversify the Huntington’s audience.
- Oversees promotional and community engagement initiatives for each production, including the creation, execution, and promotion of special events and targeted ticket offers. Works closely with outside vendors and partners in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Represents the Huntington on a regular basis and acts as liaison to various community and business organizations such as the Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau (GBCVB), South End Business Alliance (SEBA), the Fenway Alliance, the Greater Boston Concierge Association (GBCA), and others.
- Assists in the creation and deployment of semi-weekly email blasts, communicating targeted messages to various segments and constituents.
- Participates fully in all marketing events and activities, such as open houses, receptions, and other special events, and acts as a positive, creative, contributing member of the marketing team.
- Assists the Director of Marketing and Associate Director of Marketing with various projects on an as-needed basis.
Qualifications: This position requires a B.A./B.S. or equivalent plus 2 or more years of administrative experience, preferably with a non-profit or arts organization. Successful candidates will have superb networking skills, excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to synthesize information quickly, and experience with computer databases and word processing. The ideal candidate will exude a high-energy, outgoing, confident personal style with a highly developed sense of humor and excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Prior marketing experience working with performing arts groups is preferable; a theatre background is a plus.
Calderwood Pavilion Front of House Staff
The Huntington Theatre Company seeks part-time Front of House staff for the Stanford Calderwood Pavilion at the Boston Center for the Arts. Become a part of the most exciting space for the performing arts in Boston. The Calderwood Pavilion at the Boston Center for the Arts is a theatre complex that hosts a wide range of Boston theatre companies including the Huntington Theatre Company, SpeakEasy Stage Company, and many others.
We are searching for dependable, outgoing individuals who enjoy the arts and interacting with the public to join our Front of House team. Responsibilities include ticket scanning, ushering, concessions sales, bartending (training provided), and supervising volunteers. Must have evening and weekend availability but some daytime availability is a plus. Candidates must possess excellent customer service and organization skills.
How To Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume or letter of experience to: Katrina Alix Calderwood Pavilion House Manager 527 Tremont Street Boston, MA 02116 firstname.lastname@example.org