Since its founding in 1982, the Huntington Theatre Company has developed into Boston’s leading theatre company. Bringing together superb local and national talent, the Huntington produces a mix of groundbreaking new works and classics made current. Led by Artistic Director Peter DuBois and Managing Director Michael Maso, the Huntington creates award-winning productions, runs nationally renowned programs in education and new play development, and serves the local theatre community through its operation of the Calderwood Pavilion at the BCA. The Huntington is in residence at Boston University.
To Apply For Open Positions:
Interested candidates, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Peggy J. Novello, Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Fax: 617 353 8300
in either MS Word or PDF format with the job title in the message subject.
In addition, the Huntington Theatre Company provides Health, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The Assistant Company Manager/Management Assistant assists the Associate General Manager, and to a lesser extent the Associate Company Manager, in many facets of general management of the Theatre. The major responsibilities of the position include:
- Negotiate, draft, and track artistic and general management agreements, disseminating relevant information to appropriate departments, and filing signed contracts both internally and with all applicable unions.
- Manage and track expense budget for all artistic activity; support Associate General Manager in development of regular budget reports.
- Coordinate contractual obligations with various departments.
- Prepare union paperwork, correspondence, and reports.
- Provides administrative support for the Associate General Manager including composing and distributing correspondence, completing projects and/or gathering information on a wide array of topics as assigned by the Associate General Manager.
- Communicate in a professional, courteous, timely and effective manner with Actors, Agents, Directors, Designers, other Theatre Managers, and various Union Representatives.
- Maintain detailed paper and electronic filing system.
- Complete any special projects as assigned by the Associate General Manager.
- Assist Associate Company Manager in making routine travel arrangements for artists within a pre-determined budget.
- Help Associate Company Manager to arrange housing for visiting artists including specific artist requests prior to their arrival in Boston
- Greet guest artists when they arrive in Boston.
- Assist in maintaining 11 permanent apartments and rental apartments used as artist housing by arranging cleaning and ensuring all linens, appliances, etc. are well maintained which occurs primarily during the summer months.
- Fulfill artist requests in a timely fashion.
- Negotiate with vendors including cleaning services, travel agents, caterers, bartenders, etc.
- Work as a liaison between the Huntington Theatre Company staff and guest artists, especially the Box Office for ticket requests for actors and designers.
- Coordinate actor’s needs with Stage Management.
- Cover rehearsals and show curtains to attend to any specific artist needs.
- Previous administrative experience in a professional theatre is helpful.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills as well as demonstrated organizational abilities.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and capable of responding quickly and appropriately to the often personal needs of guest artists.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel is a must as well as experience with a calendar program (i.e. MS Outlook).
- Proficiency with Access and Tessitura is helpful but not required.
- Events Management experience is a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
This position has a start date of July 1st, 2014.