MIX AND MINGLE • WATCH AND EXPLORE
The Huntington Theatre Company throws a brunch on May 16th as part of the Emerging America Festival. Performances from local acts sprawl throughout the Calderwood Pavilion from the lobbies to the rehearsal halls. Brunch drinks available, and great eats provided.
In the main lobby, performances go musical:
- The strings duo Cello Chix perform electric renditions of classic rock, jazz, Latin, and pop. Two classically trained cellists ditch their antique cellos for amped-up ones and perform an eclectic song set.
- Ryan Landry leads the Gold Dust Orphans in a hilarious song selection from his classic Provincetown mainstay Showgirls.
In Deane Hall, excerpts of the best of original work from locals take the stage:
- Company One's ARTiculation explodes as poetry slam meets performance piece. This autopsy of life, love, youth, religion and art uses spoken-word poetry, improvisation, and a hard-hitting hip-hop beat.
- The Superheroine Monologues is a parody of super proportions. John Kuntz and Rick Park's lauded comedy serves up a hilarious look at the lives of your favorite comic book heroines.
- Huntington Playwriting Fellow Martha Jane Kaufman presents dance theatre work.
Snack on sweet and savory brunch items from Panera Bread with your admission, or grab a mimosa or Bloody Mary from the bar!