Since its founding in 1982, the Huntington Theatre Company has developed into Boston’s leading theatre company. Bringing together superb local and national talent, the Huntington produces a mix of groundbreaking new works and classics made current. Led by Artistic Director Peter DuBois and Managing Director Michael Maso, the Huntington creates award-winning productions, runs nationally renowned programs in education and new play development, and serves the local theatre community through its operation of the Calderwood Pavilion at the BCA. The Huntington is in residence at Boston University.
OPEN POSITIONS :
To Apply for the open positions, except for the Part-Time Sales Associate, please:
Interested candidates, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Peggy J. Novello, Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
Fax: 617 353 8300
in either MS Word or PDF format with the job title in the message subject.
In addition, the Huntington Theatre Company provides Health, Dental, Life, and Disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Full-Time Box Office/Subscription Customer Service Representative
The Box Office Representative handles telephone and window sales for Huntington Theatre Company, Boston Theatre Scene and BU College of Fine Arts, processes single ticket and subscription orders, exchanges, flexpass redemptions and disseminates information to customers.
The major responsibilities of the position include:
- Trained in all aspects of day-to-day operations of the Box Office and may be called upon to assist in training and supervision of part-time and work study representatives.
- Responds to patron inquiries in a polite and professional manner. Understands the policies of the Box Office but also has the authority to make allowances where deemed to be appropriate.
- Transacts sales in Tessitura in the approved manner, quickly and accurately.
- Other clerical duties as assigned including database maintenance and updates.
- Maintains the VIP Ticketing report on a weekly basis.
- Special assignments regarding outside theatre bookings when needed.
- 2 years of college or equivalent
- 1 year professional box office experience.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Comfortable using computerized ticketing system, spreadsheet programs, email and word processing.
- Excellent attention to detail, confidence, and ability to promote the best interests of the organization while attending to customer concerns.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.